Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Temple Prasadam at Varadaraja Perumal Temple

What to eat: Temple Prasadam

Where: Varada Raja Perumal Temple, Vishnu Kanchi, Kanchipuram

Verdict: I had planned for this activity well before the trip to Kanchi. It was a half day trip starting from Varadaraja perumal temple, covering Kumarakottam and Vaigunda Perumal temple, finally ending at Kailasanathar temple.




Reached the temple at 7:30 in the morning and was quite surprised to see the prasadam served so early in the morning. Initially we were disappointed as they don't give "Kanchipuram idly" in slices. I was asked to buy in half which was so big and costs 200₹. Not having a great appetite, we skipped it.


Bought few servings of sakkarai pongal and puliyodarai (each costs 20₹ per serving). Both were tasty and pretty good. But still I would give 5 star rating to the puliyodarai served in Srirangam which can't be matched at taste. However both the dishes were yummy. One can easily finish the lunch with temple prasadam in every Kanchipuram visit instead of going to Saravana Bhavan.






Finally bought a pair of Murukku for 30₹. Though bit hard to crack, it was much bigger in diameter and crunchy. I don't think if you guys will love it, but it's okay to eat for me as I am having a murukku after several months. They also have curd rice and thattai(fried rice breads) on sale from morning.

1 comment:

  1. I am very pleased to see beautiful pictures of Prasadam at Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Kanchipuram with your exciting trip detail. I just checked the significance of this Varadaraja Perumal Temple here and then landed your post. Now finally I am pretty excited to visit these temples in Kanchipuram.

    ReplyDelete