Monday, September 25, 2017

Lunch At Welcome Hotel

What to eat: Mini meals and Masala Dosai

Where: Welcome Hotel, Purasawakkam

Verdict: Regular Sunday outing combined with Diwali shopping at Purasawakkam always ends with meal at the legendary Welcome Hotel. I still remember the days in early 1990's when my mom used to take me to Madarsha for shopping and then buys me masala dosa in Welcome hotel. I did the same with my little one today.

Parking was not a problem as we did it in Madarsha before shopping. Limited parking space available for two-wheelers, but none for cars. Welcome hotel is just 200 meters away from Madarsha. So had a little walk to my favourite eatery and got a corner table as usual.



Order was simple...Just a mini meal, masala dosai and semiya payasam.Mini meal plate had a mini chapatti, kuruma, karuveppilai rice, sambar rice, curd rice, beetroot poriyal, appalam and a small cup of payasam. I just tasted the curry leaves rice which was just "wow". Wife was happy with the taste of the meal.


Masala dosai was perfectly cooked with crispy edges with enough amount of potato masala and served with coconut and cilantro chutney and sambar. Semiya payasam was not bad. Used my sodexo meal card to pay (just to save some tax) the final bill amount 160₹.



If you hit this place for tiffin, just make sure you don't miss the sambar idly which sells out very quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment