Friday, January 12, 2018

Lunch at New Andhra Meals Restaurant

Happened to visit the new andhra meals restaurant at Arcot road for lunch with Gautam who is my partner in crime on food hunt.

Order was quite simple with non-veg meals(180₹ pax) for each of us and a chicken roast(200₹) and vanchiram fish fry(230₹). It was an elaborate meal with sides such as beans poriyal, keerai masiyal (mashed greens), bitter gourd fry and an appalam of large diameter.



Bitter gourd fry has won my friend's heart that he asked for another cup of it which was served with no questions. It had a sweet taste so that even kids would love it. At least in this place, it should be called as a sweet gourd instead of bitter one. Beans and Keerai(Greens) were good as usual.




Gravies were daal, sambar, chicken gravy, fish gravy, rasam and a cup of thick curd. As some of you might have guessed, none of us showed interest on sambar.




As soon I added daal to rice, one guy came and poured a lot of ghee till I said enough. It was a nice combination with keerai and bitter gourd.


Second round went well with chicken gravy with chicken roast. Roast was like a chukka with super-spicy masala. Without any thought, I had two rounds of rice just with the masala (from roast) added. Meanwhile my friend tasted fish gravy and said it was not bad.


I finished the last round with rasam and fish fry. Rasam was a neat one. Fish fry had a thin coat of spicy-flour which made it little crunchy on the outer layer. I liked it much, but not my friend. At the end, had the curd with no rice and finished up with the yummy semiya payasam.



One thing I would like to highlight is the way they serve food, I was asked at least 7-8 times if I need rice. And they even served second cup of payasam to the guy( he asked for it) sitting on next table. It is a shame that we couldn't taste several items like the daal powder, gongura thokku which were placed on small vessels on the table as we got too much stuffed. Though little pricey, it was such a wonderful meal for voracious appetite. But they should reduce the price of veg meal at least as it should not cost the same price as non-veg meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment