Monday, January 1, 2018

Tiffen at The Modern Restaurant

Started the day with tiffin at the famous "The Modern Restaurant" at Nethaji road.





To keep it simple, ordered just sambar idly(28₹) and a plate of sambar vadai(24₹) to sample. Both the pair of idly and a single vadai were soaked in sambar and served with coconut chutney. Felt the dhaniya was overloaded in the sambar. Vadai was a big one, but still I think taste is not worth for the price we pay.




To be frank, "modern" can't beat Chennai Welcome hotel or Ratna cafe in terms of taste of the Sambar. Or may be the taste has come down recently. Never thought that I would write bad about the food joint which I celebrated since my childhood 😞. Hope the management do some improvement. Anyhow I will visit back on my next madurai trip to taste the lunch here. As usual finished the meal with a cup of flavorful filter coffee (20₹).

No comments:

Post a Comment